20 years on the Hard

20 years on the Hard
A long way to go!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Forward Hatch



Boy that looks nasty!




This is the surface of the hatch, the gel-coat was completely rotted in several places and had to be completely removed before resurfacing.
An old repair that had used automotive bondo.


Same corner of hatch after much sanding, scraping, filling , sanding and filling again.
Still got a little way to go but almost there.

Inside of hatch with wood frame-work (all Mahogany) removed. I will be sanding frame-work down, staining, and epoxying it in place, then prime and paint all of the other surfaces.


The big picture, outside just needs a little fine tuning.

1 comment:

  1. Hi great to see you are getting on with your restoration and I hope you don't mind me saying but is comnforting to see someone with more work to do than me! Seawitch has many of your boats symptoms, crazed gelcoat, hatches paint peeling, rudder fittings looking tired, outboard runners dried out or in my case rotten. At least my interior whilst not perfect is there so I can repair and replace as and when. I have not updated my blog recently but I have some progress to record. LKet me know if there is anythign I might be able to help with. Best wishes, Andy, UK

    ReplyDelete